Professional Grower's Mix
Mix Characteristics Include:
- pH-stable vacuumed sphagnum peat and perlite mixture
- pH-adjusted by adding dolomitic lime
- High nutrient and pH buffering
- A balance of major and minor nutrients and wetting agents
- The most air porosity of all BACCTO peat/perlite blends with good moisture reserve balance
- "Grower friendly" composition in many packaging options
- Vacuumed sphagnum peat moss
- Coarse perlite
- Dolomitic limestone
- Balanced nutrient charge with trace elements
- Wetting agent
Features and Benefits:
- Nutrient and pH Buffering is optimized in this blend. Nutrients are less likely to leach out the bottom of the container with the high nutrient exchange capabilities. Weekly liquid feeding is desirable; however, due to the excellent nutrient buffering, this blend will require less feeding than most. Monitoring soluble salts is always recommended in any medium.
- Vacuumed Sphagnum Peat from our bogs provides easy watering and transplanting. Wetting agents are added to provide rapid remoistening, especially if the medium gets excessively dry.
- Air Porosity and Drainage are balanced in the mix. This allows for thorough watering without the problem of a perched water table and waterlogged roots. Moisture is easy to manage in BACCTO High Porosity Professional Planting Mix. This formulation is designed for use in most crops.
- Water Holding is good in this blend. Michigan sphagnum peat in combination with the added aggregates produces a blend that is neither too wet nor too dry after a thorough watering.
- Low Cost. Due to the location of our facilities and the ability to produce and obtain aggregates and additives in volume, we can supply the best possible planting blend at this low cost. Quality will not be sacrificed. Be sure to compare the cost per container and couple that with the degree of performance.
- Light Weight is an advantage of peat-lite blends when shipping the finished crop. It allows for easy handling of the pots and containers in the greenhouse.
- Easy Handling is one of the best characteristics of this blend. The light weight and fluffy texture make this material easy to handle and desirable to plant into. It is neither sticky nor granular, and will hold its texture throughout the life of the crop.
- Low Run Off of fertilizers and pesticides is a feature of this mix. It has a high Cation Exchange Capacity (C.E.C.) that holds the nutrients in the root-zone plant use. Less nutrient leaching occurs and less fertilizer could be needed by the crops.
|2.8 cu.ft. loose-filled bags
|3.8 cu. ft. compressed bale
|70 cu. ft. bulk bag